Friday 12 November 2010

My Bruce Journey - Part 45 (or a week in the life of a Springsteen fan)

Seven nights to wait well I’ve got seven nights to wait


Sunday - it’s just a week away

The Promise is due to be released in the UK on Monday 15th November 2010.  I hope my copy will arrive on Saturday 13th



Monday - We need to plan our day

Oooh Morrisons have litre bottles of Bailys at under a tenner.  Sounds like a great excuse to have a bottle by the sofa on Saturday.

Now - what are we going to watch first and when do we start?  At the moment I’m thinking documentary first.  Then a toilet break and a snack.  Should we leave the 1978 show until it’s dark outside?  Watching in the dark might be more authentic.

So… lets do the outtakes CDs next.  Then perhaps a break to digest what we have seen and heard then settle down for the 1978 show at about 6.00pm.  Might then save the other DVD until Sumday and last the  remastered album.


Tuesday - there’s a grain of doubt

But… what if it doesn’t arrive on Saturday?  Better ask for Monday off work as I will need to be in to greet the postman. Remember to ask my manager tomorrow.

Started worrying what might go wrong but I think we have everything covered.  We have CD players in three rooms - unlikely they will all go on the blink.

A couple of weeks ago we bought a Blu Ray player in preparation.  Checked this the other night (borrowed Harry Potter from our friends) and it works.  Should it suddenly go wrong we still have the old DVD player and a TV/DVD combo in the bedroom.

We seemed to be more than fully equipped so barring electricity cuts everything should be OK.  Mind you if the weather doesn’t improve the electricity side of things might be a bit iffy.


Wednesday - we‘ve got it sorted out

OK contingency plan organised.  My manager has Okayed the day off next Monday.  Mike has booked the day off too. He thinks he’s on a promise - bless him - but he’s got hold of the wrong end of the stick!

The internet is awash with previews and excerpts.  I clicked on The Promise trailer with Thom Zimmy and Dave Marsh chatting but only watched about 30 seconds.

I‘ve got ‘Candy’s Room’ (the 2009 recording) coming at me from all directions - three or four posts on FB and several emails!  I gave in and had a quick peek but only watched a couple of bars… and I was annoyed with myself for not having the willpower to resist.


Thursday - get the housework done

Now what do I normally do at weekends?

1. Write my blog - well here it is.
2. Washing - OK can do this over the next couple of evenings instead
3. Ironing- ditto
4. Shopping - Friday night will be OK
5. General housework. What the heck I’ll leave it!


Friday - Saturday everyone have fun!

Well it’s 4.00pm and I’ve finally had an email from Badlands to say my order has been dispatched.  I’ve been on tenterhooks all day - getting more and more stressed as time went on - been looking forward to this weekend for sooooo long.

7.00pm now.  So been shopping.  Full fridge, beers and wine in, Pringles in and going to make Nigella’s sweet and salty crunch nut bars and get them in the fridge for tomorrow.

Door is locked, curtains are drawn and phone is off the hook.  Visitors are banned all weekend.

Planning for tomorrow but hey if it turns up Monday that’s OK- thank heavens for plan B.

So for all The Tramps out there, whether you have your box already or are waiting for it to come within the next few days enjoy watching and see you for a review next week.



Now where is that bottle of Baileys - I think I’ll start the party tonight!





















.

No comments:

Post a Comment