Saturday 26 February 2011

They Do Bring My Money Home In Crates

I found this today.  if you click on it now, leave the site open, then nip back when you have finished reading you will find out how much Bruce has earned in that time.


My Bruce buddy - Sinead - owns one of Bruce's harmonicas.  He gave it to her during the Bilbao gig on 26 July 2009.  We are trying to think of a cool way of displaying it so this week I have been browsing various sites to get ideas.  I came across this, which must have cost a bomb, but given my love of guitars, I think it's just gorgeous.  If you are interested the site is here


The other week you may remember I bought Sara Elizabeth Goodman's novel Beyond The Palace.  In the absence of a publisher she has decided to go it alone.  The book is available to buy on Amazon and I have to say I really enjoyed it.   Sara is a big Bruce fan.  There is a link to her blog Sara*ndipity in my list below



If you are snobby about your reading you may think the writing needs to be polished a bit.  It might need editing here and there but the story itself really pulled me in.  The content helped of course.  It's basically about two people who meet at a Bruce gig during The Rising tour and their relationship over the course of the tour and beyond.

It's an easy read with an intriguing mystery surrounding one of the characters and a sweet, sometimes angry, love story.   I would recommend it.  Perhaps a good present for a Bruce fan you know although Bruce isn't central to the plot.


I haven't much to say myself this week so I have browsed around the many other music blogs on the net and found this post.  It's only short but says it all.


Lastly for this week, if you are aching for some Bruce to watch, check out these clips that The Rolling Stone site has gathered together featuring Bruce's collaborations.  I haven't watched them all but the chap you can hear at the beginning of the Arcade Fire clip is soooo excited I thought he might pass out!

2 comments:

  1. If I was snobby about my reading, I'd want to read someone who knows how to use commas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous - I am sorry if my punctuation offends.

    ReplyDelete