Sunday 6 February 2011

Dancing in the Dark

I'm sure most of you know that story of how DITD came about.  The one that says Jon Landau needed a 'single' from Born in the USA. Bruce didn't want to fall into line, had no idea what to write about but came up with a song anyway.  Well I got up this morning to write my blog and I ain't got nothing to say.  Could do with changing my clothes, my hair and my face too but that's another story.


By the way 

In philosophy, "dancing in the dark" refers to any situational optimism, albeit leavened by physically-construed events, that is self-referentially seen as a way for the Id to manifest itself. 


OK can anyone explain that to me? 

There are a number of theories about what the phrase actually means from moving rhythmically to music with the lights out - which is, of course, true but rather literal - to we're all just going through the motions and the whole exercise is pointless.  

So just because:-




I picked this clip on purpose because we were there!  As I have said many times before the weekend we spent in New York City and New Jersey was the best few days of my life.  I still can hardly believe we did it.


The memories managed to sustain me for the best part of a year. Whenever the daily grind got me down I would remember how lucky I had been to make that trip, look through the photos and immediately life didn't seem so bad.  Now, though, more than twelve months on and in the dark days between New Year and Spring I need a lift that those memories alone can't give me -  a new tour !!!


There doesn't seem to be even a whiff on the horizon. Opinions range from Autumn this year to any time in 2012. There's been mention of Sam going to college next year so perhaps after that but what if Jessica is chosen for the Olympics?
Although this seems a little unlikely judging by this article.  


Anyway trawling through the internet for any news I found this 


Through trusted sources that I cannot devulge, the news on the E Street is that the band is breaking up. Little Stevie and Roy Bitten struck private deals with Bruce for more money which he accepted. The rest of the guys and ladies said to be leaving for sure. The riff is said to be over money which the band feels they deserve...being the E Street Band.
I certainly hope that this is only a rumor, but I am afraid its close to being true knowing the reliability of my source.



Scaremongering perhaps but who knows ?



































No comments:

Post a Comment