Sunday 30 October 2011

Trick or Treat?

This week I have been reading some tips on writing an effective blog.  Now, I write my blog purely for pleasure so the money making side doesn't interest me.  In fact most of the hints and tips aren't really appropriate but the thing that comes up time and again in blog writing advice is that you need to be passionate about your subject.

Of course, for the most part, your readers have to be as passionate about your subject as you are.  No one is going to be interested in the weekly musings of an ordinary woman from Leeds unless she is writing about a subject they are interested in.  So, I am passionate about my subject and I assume you are too.  Lets be honest, if you weren't passionate about Bruce you would think I was just a little odd!!  Well, I am a little odd but that's another story.

Every time I go into HMV (and that can be quite often as it is a handy little short cut from one side of town to the other)  I have a compulsion to have just a quick look at the Springsteen CDs.  I don't flick through them or anything but I just like to know that there is still a full compliment on display!

This holds good for other shops too.  In Waterstones I usually check the biographies and in W H Smiths I browse through the music magazines.  I was in one of those bargain book shops this week looking for stationery when I spied a book about rock T shirts.  I couldn't help myself - I just had to have a little peek at the index to see if Bruce was included.  He was... but I didn't recognised the t shirt.

In a music shop that I pass on a regular basis I can see, through the window, a guitar that looks like Bruce's famous Telecaster.  I say looks like because from the price it is obvious it's not... I'm so tempted to buy it.

So... I have a question for you - Is this a passion, an obsession or just an eccentricity?


Although The (Bruce) world and his wife have shared this with you over the past few days I can't let this weekend go by without including it here




The Springsteen rumour mill usually runs smooth but I don't remember any mention of this in advance of it appearing.  It was a great surprise to me at the time and I absolutely love the video.

Finally this week I've stolen this picture from Angela Cotena's Facebook page



Happy Halloween Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment