Sunday 27 March 2011

Clicked too soon

Well bloomin' heck - I was trying to make a small alteration to the layout of my blog and clicked on the wrong thingy.  Now I can't get it back to how it was.  So this week's page features an interim design.

I will spend the next few days deciding on something new.  This won't be an entirely unpleasant experience but I liked the old page.  I had spent a long time deciding on that image.   I hate it when I go to the supermarket and can't find my usual items because they have changed the packaging.  Now I am forced to change my own design.   Reckon I will go for something completely different.

So I was at home on Tuesday morning looking after our poorly cat and I ventured into the territory of day time TV.   After channel hopping for a bit I found an episode of Homes Under The Hammer.  Go on then I'll admit it I love anything to do with houses and interior design.  All these awful makeover programmes are right up my street.  Don't ever send that 60 Minute Makeover lot to me though!

Anyway here's this couple buying an old cemetery keeper's house in Knaresborough.  Lovely house but unfortunately surrounded by graves.  There must be a person working on this programme who has one of those jobs that I would really like.  He or she chooses the background music appropriate to the on screen scenario.  So what to choose for a grave yard? - 'Spirit In The Night' of course.  I must say I was a little surprised - it's quite an obscure track - perhaps the producer is a Springsteen fan.

And who would have guessed it - Jose Mourinho listens to our man.  He says "I listen to Bryan Adams, I listen to Sting, I listen to Bruce,"  I have to thank my brother in law, Trevor, for giving me that little snippet.

It's no secret that Lady Ga Ga is a fan.  Her quotes are all over the web this week 'I'm actually really obsessed with Bruce Springsteen'.  Well join the club love!!

You might remember a couple of weeks or so ago I talked a bit about Bruce cover versions and mentioned Graziano Romani.  Well we now have his album of covers which on first playing is OK.  I'll listen a time or two more and let you know next week what I really think. I'm quite open to other people's interpretations of Bruce songs so at the very least it will be interesting.  There are a couple of tracks that I am not familiar with - at least I don't think I am - sometimes I know the song but not the title.

And on the subject of tracks I don't know - this is a new one on me.  Well actually I thought it was new but it is actually on an album of 'Born To Run' outtakes that I probably only listened to once the first time we downloaded it.




Anyway thanks to callmejoe on Greasy Lake for bringing this one to my attention - love the song and love the fact that I can still find some new-to-me Bruce stuff after all these years.  On my to-do list this week - listen to all those outtake CDs we have.

By the way I gave in today and bought Arcade Fire.  They shouldn't be allowed to stock non-food items in the supermarket - it's far too tempting.  I haven't listened to it yet - another thing for the to do list.


And to finish this week what do you think of this chap????

You can find him here



No comments:

Post a Comment