Sunday 8 April 2012

35 Days to Europe!

Sometimes I write some bits of my Sunday post during the week. Now, I don't want you to get the wrong idea, I'm not constantly thinking about my blog - I do have a life.  I spend a fair bit of each day sitting on a bus and an idea might come to me or a song on the iPod might spark something off.


It doesn't always pay to be too far ahead of myself, though. Things can happen at the last minute which make my earlier scribbles completely out of date: a sort of 'hold-the-front-page' moment.  Here's the paragraph I wrote last Thursday:-


I know some people don't watch set lists but here's why I do.  At my shows I know Bruce will walk on to the stage and play WTCOOO and Wrecking Ball and then...I'll be waiting with anticipation for the next song.  I'll be excited, on the edge of my seat (or, if I'm lucky with the people around me, standing up). The first few notes: what is it?? Wow! it's ???? or hmmmm not my favourite.  
but

If that song wasn't on my wish list, a couple of great songs later, I get another chance and so it goes on. That's what a Bruce concert is all about - the highs, the not so highs then perhaps  the highest - that song I always wanted to hear.


So... do I know the first song is going to be WTCOOO followed by Wrecking Ball ?? Obviously not!  Who snuck Badlands in there to throw me off?  it would seem that Soozie wasn't in the loop either.  If you keep your eye on her here she seems to have chosen the wrong instrument.  Thanks to Kev Harrison on Greasy Lake for pointing this out











The gist of my point is still the same though.  Although much of the set is the same it's the little surprises that keep us going back for more.  Well that's not the only reason is it? We can't keep away - it's a kind of addiction - it's a Springsteen thing.




We are now 10 shows into the tour so here's a little game for you.  On the left is a list of the ever presents in the set list after ten shows with gaps where there have been changes (although these have been a bit flexible from night to night).  On the right is a list of the other songs played so far. Which of the other songs would you put in the gaps to make your ideal list to date. You can only have songs already played and there are eight gaps to fill.




Ever presents
Others

We Take Care Of Our Own
Adam Raised A Cain
1
Wrecking Ball
American Land
2

American Skin
3
Death To My Hometown
Atlantic City
4
My City Of Ruins
Badlands
5

Because The Night
6

Candy’s Room
7
Jack Of All Trades
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
8

Does This Bus Stop
9
Easy Money
E Street Shuffle
10
Waitin’ On A Sunny Day
Glory Days
11

Jackson Cage
12
The Way You Do The Things You Do
Johnny 99
13
634-5789
Kitty’s Back
14

Land Of Hope And Dreams
15
The Rising
Lion’s Den
16
We Are Alive
Lonesome Day
17
Thunder Road
Murder Inc
18
Rocky Ground
Night
19

Out In The Street
20
Born To Run
(The) Promise
21
Dancing In The Dark
(The) Promised Land
22

Prove It All Night
23
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
Racing In The Street
24

Radio Nowhere
25

Raise Your Hands
26

Ramrod
27

Rosalita
28

Seaside Bar Song
29

Seeds
30

Shackled And Drawn
31

She’s The One
32

So young and In Love
33

Streets Of Philadelphia
34

Talk To Me
35

Thundercrack
36

(The) Ties That Bind
37

Trapped
38



 

No comments:

Post a Comment