Saturday 7 April 2012

New York Friday 6th April 2012 - show 10



Just a hop and a skip from East Rutherford to New York City - about 12 miles. 2862 miles so far.




I can't find a review of the show to share with you today but I enjoyed this article about a Jewish fan who didn't want to miss Bruce even at Passover. Mr Rosen booked a room in Madison Square Garden and invited friends of all faiths to join him.

'At 7:12 p.m., Mr. Rosen issued an announcement from the head of the table. “In 33 minutes,” he said, “we’ll begin our exodus to the Promised Land.” He appeared to mean the concert.


My two-penneth?

Well, would have liked to see the look of surprise on the seasoned, multiple concert going, set list watching fan when Bruce came on stage and sang ... Badlands!  I would have been pretty gobsmacked myself. It doesn't pay to get too complacent.

Whilst Murder Inc isn't one of my faves it always comes across well live, so don't mind having this in the set. Lion's Den though? - don't really like it at all. A big cheer for Shackled And Drawn. I hope he keeps this one in from now on.  I would like Land Of Hope And Dreams to be there every night too.  I'm looking forward to hearing this one again after nearly 10 years.

It wouldn't have been my favourite night but, hey, given the opportunity I would have been there - no question.  We still have everything crossed hoping for a show or two in the autumn. In the mean time let's see what MSG night 2 brings.


Atlanta 18/03/12
Time 8.10 to 10.44
New York Friday 06/04/12
Time 8.27 to 11.20
We Take Care Of Our Own
Badlands (6)
Wrecking Ball
We Take Care Of Our Own (10)
Badlands
Wrecking Ball (10)
Death To My Hometown
Out In The Street (3)
My City Of Ruins
Death To My Hometown (10)
The E Street Shuffle
My City Of Ruins (10)
Jack Of All Trades
Murder Incorporated (1)
Seeds
Johnny 99 (2)
Easy Money
Jack Of All Trades (10)
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
Shackled And Drawn (3)
The Promised Land
Lion’s Den (1)
The Way You Do The Things You Do
Easy Money (10)
634 -5789
Waitin’ On A Sunny Day (10)
Shackled And Drawn
Promised Land (9)
Lonesome Day
The Way You Do The Things You Do (10)
The Rising
634 - 5789 (10)
We Are Alive
American Skin (41 Shots) (6)
Thunder Road
The Rising (10)
Rocky Ground
We Are Alive (10)
Land Of Hope And Dreams
Thunder Road (10)
Born To Run
Rocky Ground (10)
Dancing In The Dark
Kitty’s Back (2)
American Land
Born To Run (10)
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
Dancing In The Dark (10)

Tenth Avenue Freeze Out (10)








  

No comments:

Post a Comment