Monday 19 March 2012

Atlanta Sunday 18th March 2012 - show 1






Set list

We Take Care Of Our Own
Wrecking Ball
Badlands
Death To My Home Town
My City Of Ruins
The E Street Shuffle
Jack Of All Trades
Seeds
Easy Money
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
The Promised Land
The Way You Do The Things You Do
634 -5789
Shackled And Drawn
Lonesome Day
The Rising
We Are Alive
Thunder Road


Rocky Ground
Land Of Hope And Dreams
Born To Run
Dancing In The Dark
American Land
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out

The show started at 8.10 and ended at 10.44

I've poked around the usual places on the net and found a couple of bits that you might enjoy. Laurel Snyder an author was at her first Bruce gig. The link to her full blog post is above but here's a snippet:-
Because never have I experienced anything like the emotions of last night. I had this totally uncontrollable physiological reaction to seeing him, him, play.  I wept. Literally. I cried in public. Over and over. I couldn’t stop crying.  It was like I couldn’t understand how it was possible that I was in a room (however big) with him.   It was the music that overpowered me, but as much it was his presence.  His energy, his commitment, and above all–his devotion to the crowd. Gushing out of him and into us and I was crying.

From Blogness :-
The two and a half hour extravaganza was filled with pure power and excitement; what a fantastic beginning to what’s been rumored as an eighteen month tour. 


And finally one or two observations from what I have read.

I'm pleased to get Easy Money. Apparently not everyone is keen on this song but I really like it and I'm chuffed it's in the set.  Some people won't be too thrilled though as I understand Patti was front and centre for this.

I can do without Sunny Day especially with the kid thing and I understand there were two children last night.  Don't get me wrong Sunny Day is a good song but you can have too much of a good thing.

According to one reviewer there was a mass exodus during Jack Of All Trades!

Of course I'm a big Born To Run fan. I wouldn't have minded if it was left out but still happy it's there.

Mike would like Atlantic City.  It's far and away his favourite track and can bring a tear to his eye.  It certainly fits in with the overall theme.






No comments:

Post a Comment