Sunday 25 March 2012

Until The Night Is Over

This is the first time I have written a blog whilst Bruce is touring. I wasn't sure how to play it. I couldn't really summarise everything on a Sunday as there would be far too much to say. On the other hand because I have already posted three times this week I wonder whether I have anything to add. We'll see how it goes then.

Well three shows this week.  I would have loved to be at any of the three but if I were to choose only one it would have to be Tampa.  Much as I love Badlands I would have been really chuffed to hear Prove It All Night.  As I have mentioned many times before, Atlantic City is Mike's favourite and he would be quite happy to hear it at every gig.  For me it is the one song that really hit me, from our very first show, when I wasn't familiar with Bruce's early albums. 

American Skin (41 shots) will always remind me of Dublin.  I know most of you heard it sound checked from the pit line.  We were in the hotel just down the road and I could hear very faint strains creeping in through the open window.

What about Talk To Me!  Something from 'The Promise' which pleases me no end.  I hope there is more.  Of course Bruce originally gave this song to Southside Johnny and guess who is coming to Manchester in June?  Oh! oh! oh! could it be?  Seeing the two of them on stage together would make my day.  Sorry to say Southside isn't in Manchester until 28th June and I don't see him popping over a week early just to sing with Bruce. I guess it will be Light of Day for us one year then.



Bruce looks as if he is really enjoying himself here. Great bopping around the stage there Bruce when Southside is singing the first verse. You get a good impression of how - well - strange Southside is while Bruce is singing - what is he doing?  Much as I like Johnny I have to say Bruce makes a much better fist of this here.

So short and sweet this week.  

Next up Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment