Sunday 18 March 2012

Atlanta Here We Come!

So SXSW and Bruce's Key note speech.

I have a confession to make - I haven't watched it all the way through. I might go back to listen to it in ten minute chunks but I just couldn't sit in front of the computer for an hour.  I'm sorry but about 10 minutes in I started to get bored - holds head in shame. I think, had I actually been there, it would have been different. No - I know if I had been there it would have been different. Far from being boring it would have been over all too soon. Sitting on the sofa at home it just doesn't have the same impact.





Here  is a link to the full speech.
I will listen to it again in the next few days and hopefully I will find it just as interesting and inspiring as all the reviewers say it was.

So per The Telegraph:- 'Bruce Springsteen started his day at the SXSW music business festival with a speech intended to inspire the next generation of musicians and ended it with a masterclass in performance'

It was a small theatre holding only 2700 people and here is the set list

1. I Ain’t Got No Home
2. We Take Care of Our Own
3. Wrecking Ball
4. Badlands
5. Death to My Hometown (with Tom Morello)
6. My City of Ruins
7. Seeds
8. E Street Shuffle
9. Jack of All Trades (with Tom Morello)
10. Shackled & Drawn
11. Waitin’ on a Sunny Day
12. The Promised Land
13. The Ghost of Tom Joad (with Tom Morello)
14. The Rising
15. We Are Alive
16. Thunder Road
17. Rocky Ground (with Michelle Moore)
18. Land of Hope and Dreams
19. The Harder They Come (with Jimmy Cliff)
20. Time Will Tell (with Jimmy Cliff)
21. Many Rivers to Cross (with Jimmy Cliff)
22. We Gotta Get Out of This Place (with Eric Burdon)
23. Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
24. This Land Is Your Land (with Tom Morello, Arcade Fire, Alejandro Escovedo, Joe Ely, The Low Anthem)

I assume neither this nor The Apollo set list is typical of the tour as they were one off special events but apart from the covers and guest appearances the set list is more or less the same.

Of course if this tour follows previous years the gigs will evolve as time goes on.

Here's a song that I think will be here to stay though:-



----------------------------


Well I'm not sure what I plan to do for the duration of the tour.  I wasn't writing this blog during the WOAD tour.

My once a week post will continue but I aim to supplement this with a short post with the set list etc after each show.


So guys
 here we go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment