Sunday 30 December 2012

So that was Wrecking Ball 2012

I last wrote a Sunday post on 22nd July 2012. Finding time when I was doing the tour blog was just impossible. Although the shows thinned out a bit towards the end of the year I just didn't have the enthusiasm to start writing on a Sunday again.

Anyway as this is the last Sunday in 2012 here I am.

The 2012 Wrecking Ball tour was a bit different for us, as it was the first tour since we had made friends with other fans.

We went to the two UK shows in Sunderland and Manchester and both Paris shows. All the gigs came within two weeks so a bit like Christmas - I spent months looking forward to it and then... it was all over in the blink of an eye.

The weather is the first thing that springs to mind when thinking back to the UK shows. Sunderland was a bit mizzly and it poured down in Manchester. Sunderland was a bit of a disaster all around really - we were late so we didn't get time to spend with friends before the show, we parked miles away from the venue and the show was a bit flat. Apart from the rain Manchester was better and our best friends, who were at their first show, are now fans and will be coming with us in 2013.

My stand out moments were both during Paris night two.  Mike and I have been lucky enough to hear many rarities.  We had Incident at only our third show when we didn't even recognise the song!  We were at MSG in November 2009 when, of course, a few rarities were played both nights. But... I'm Goin' Down the second night in Paris was really an OMG! moment for me. Not one of THE songs from 'Born In The USA'  but my favourite track, and the only song from the album we hadn't heard live.

The second moment was when Mike tapped me on the shoulder to dance with him during Dancing In The Dark.  He doesn't dance so it was a great surprise.

I think Paris night two is considered one of the best shows of the tour. It certainly was for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment