Thursday 3 May 2012

Newark 2nd May 2012 - show 20




Despite my best efforts I couldn't find a map of the USA showing Newark so here's two. The first points out Atlantic City and the second is New Jersey showing Atlantic City and Newark so you can get your bearings.  
For the last show of the USA spring tour we travel from New Orleans to Newark. It's about 1300 miles 
 2 hours 30 minutes flight time. 
Total miles 3295.




There are loads of stats on NJ.com if you are interested. How many songs have been played and from which albums, the albums which have featured the most and the least, the songs that have been played every night etc etc etc.  

Well an unusual set list.  I'm sure many of you would have given your right arm to be there but I'm not keen on some of the really early stuff.  Much as I have tried I don't particularly care for Its Hard To Be A Saint In The City. Bishop Danced would certainly have been a surprise but as surprises go I would probably have chosen something else (don't ask me what at the moment though!).  I don't dislike the song but it's not up there with my favourites and if we are talking about songs from Tracks  I'd choose Where The Bands Are or Loose Ends.  Mike? well no contest there - Back In Your Arms every time.

Anyway back to last night's set list. Oh dear ! Candy's Room too. It's not so bad live but I wouldn't choose to play this one at home.  Not such a good set list for me then but you can't please all the folks all the time.

A final note - I thought my musical knowledge had let me down again but actually, now I've heard it, I find I know The Weight.  I might be at odds with a lot of fans again on this point but I like to hear Bruce sing a good cover and this is good.



Atlanta 18/03/12
Time 8.10 to 10.44
Newark 02/05/2010 
Time 8.28 to 11.29
1
We Take Care Of Our Own
No Surrender (2)
2
Wrecking Ball
We Take Care Of Our Own (20)
3
Badlands
Wrecking Ball (20)
4
Death To My Hometown
Badlands (15)
5
My City Of Ruins
Death To my Home Town (20)
6
The E Street Shuffle
My City Of Ruins (20)
7
Jack Of All Trades
Bishop Danced (1)
8
Seeds
It’s Hard To Be A Saint In The City (1)
9
Easy Money
Jack Of All Trades (20)
10
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
Candy’s Room (4)
11
The Promised Land
She’s The One (7)
12
The Way You Do The Things You Do
Shackled And Drawn (8)
13
634 -5789
Waitin’ On A Sunny Day (20)
14
Shackled And Drawn
The Promised Land (18)
15
Lonesome Day
Talk To Me (2)
16
The Rising
634-5789 (19)
17
We Are Alive
The Way You Do The Things You Do (19)
18
Thunder Road
The Rising (20)
19
Rocky Ground
Lonesome Day (10)
20
Land Of Hope And Dreams
We Are Alive (20)
21
Born To Run
Land Of Hope And Dreams (15)
22
Dancing In The Dark
The Weight (1)
23
American Land
Rocky Ground (20)
24
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
Born To Run (20)
25

Dancing In The Dark (20)
26

Rosalita (4)
27

Tenth Avenue Freeze Out (20)
28




Two YouTube clips to round off the US leg.







No comments:

Post a Comment