Thursday 30 September 2010

The Promise

As a young girl and later a teenager I did, from time to time, try to keep a diary. I never kept them up for longer than a few months and I don't have any of them now.

Writing my Springsteen journey I wish, nearly every week, that I had kept at least a few notes about my day to day life.  On what date did I buy 'Born to Run'? Why did we decide to go to our first gig?  When did we make the decision to go to New York? - it was only last year but I can't remember. 

I still don't write a diary but when The Darkness Box set was announced I thought I might like to chart it's journey from announcement to release date.  Then in years to come I won't have to rack my brain to remember any details so...

Countdown to The Promise was born.  I set up a new blog but (to cut a long story short) something imported from another site must have corrupted the data.  I couldn't continue to post using that blog.
Instead I'm now going to post here.

Oh and first note for new diary -  29 September 2010: ordered The Promise

No comments:

Post a Comment