Friday 1 October 2010

The Documentary

As my other blog has been deleted I am going over old ground a bit here but, for completeness, I need to start again at the beginning.


Since the 30th Anniversary edition of Born to Run was released, Springsteen fans around the globe have been speculating about the 30th Anniversary edition of Darkness on the Edge of Town.  Well 30 years since the original Darkness release came, and went, without the anniversary being marked in any way.


Speculation about whether or not it would ever happen was almost constant on the discussion forums and this all came to a climax on August 4th 2010 when Shore Fire Media and the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) announced the showing of a documentary film - The Promise: The Making of Darkness on the Edge of Town.  

No word on a remastered CD or other goodies at the time but the consensus was that this would be announced shortly.  


I don't know if I was really excited about the film.  I didn't know when I would see it so there was no point in getting worked up if ,here in the UK, we wouldn't see the film until next year.  

1 comment:

  1. This should be a good one! For more never-before-seen Bruce Springsteen photos exclusively from the 1978 tour and Darkness recording, visit the book www.thelightinDarkness.com dedicated to the Darkness 1978 tour!

    ReplyDelete