Sunday 3 October 2010

The Outtakes

Some years ago, after much pulling out of hair and gnashing of teeth, we got our heads around downloading music and copying it to disc. We found the MP3 index on  BTX  and were so pleased with our new found skill that we downloaded hours and hours of stuff. 

I have to admit, I haven't listened to much of it, but I have dipped in to The Definitive Darkness Outtakes Collection.  I particularly like 'The Way' so immediately you will see that - for me - there is something missing from the following:-


The Promise Disc 1

Racing in the Street ('78 rock version): Gotta Get That Feeling: Outside Looking In: Someday (We'll Be Together): One Way Street: Because the Night (original studio recording): Wrong Side of the Street: The Brokenhearted: Rendezvous (original studio recording): Candy's Boy:

The Promise Disc 2

Save My Love: Ain't Good Enough For You: Fire (original studio recording): Spanish Eyes: It's a Shame Come On (Let's Go Tonight): Talk to Me (given to Southside Johnny): The Little Things (My Baby Does): Breakaway: The Promise City of Night:
 
There are tracks here that aren't on my disc, so I have to assume that my Definitive (dictionary definition:- settle finally, most reliable, complete, authoritative) Collection isn't definitive at all.
 
I considered tracking down the songs I am not familiar with on You Tube - I'm sure they are all there - but on balance I have decided not to.  I'm now looking forward to listening to the two CDs knowing that there will be, at least a few tracks, that I haven't heard before.

No comments:

Post a Comment