Monday 4 October 2010

Complete 1978 Show

So among the wealth of goodies in our box is a DVD featuring the complete show from The Summit in Houston filmed 8th December 1978.


As I had been following the discussions on Greasy Lake and BTX this didn't come as a surprise.  The Summit apparently had it's own in-house video system so it was an obvious choice.  There are clips around on You Tube and opinions are divided as to whether they are any good.  Some say the quality is awful others say it's better than they expected.  It's described as a 'Bootleg' in the official blurb and most of us have seen one or two of those in our time!


I have to chuckle at the perennial argument that rages when early Bruce performances are mentioned.  Us latecomers are going to see a proper E Street Band performance.  Honestly I wonder why some of the peeps who saw Bruce in the seventies bother to go now, if the band has gone down the pan that much!


Well - I am looking forward to seeing it.  I know I will love it now, but in 1978 when I was 20?  I don't think so...   I simply wasn't into that sort of music at the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment