Sunday 14 August 2011

Practice Makes Perfect

Well this week, over the last few days, I've been browsing around the blogosphere to find out what other folks are posting.  This is mainly because I have nothing to say for myself!

One of the most surprising things to me is how many bloggers mention Bruce.

So just this week we have posts on Aquarium Drunkard a music blog based in Los Angeles talking about I'm on Fire and Silverio's Showbiz Silver Platter a writer who is talking about Fire.  There is a cover version on this blog which is well... awful!!  Fire is also the subject of a discussion on Greasy Lake which you might have been interested in if you could get onto the message board.  Apparently it's offline for a couple of days.

This post on This is bold just seems to be a Bruce biography.  Not sure what the blog is actually about but this post is written under the heading of Amnesty International.

Jeremy Baker, who describes himself as a music nerd, lives in British Columbia and has a blog called The Morning After  His post this week is about I'm Going Down and here we have a  cover version by Vampire Weekend ... Hmmm much better.

My favourite Bruce blog Blogness on the Edge of Town is almost always first with any useful news so it's no surprise that I found out about Clarence's public memorial from this blog.  The memorial is on 19th August if you need to arrange flights!!

Those of you who have been with me from the start will know that Mike was a bit of a Donna Summer fan back in the day.  This was before Bruce crossed our radar, so, we had no interest in the fact that he had penned one of the songs on a Donna album we had.  Can't say Protection was ever a favourite but this merger of Bruce's and Donna's versions' is interesting. I couldn't resist putting a comment on the post - us bloggers love getting comments as it shows someone is reading!  Glad I did as I've now found out that although the YouTube clip is an unofficial mix Bruce and Donna did actually sing the song together.

There are at least a couple of other non Springsteen blogs in which the writer has posted about our man this week and with a bit of delving I'm sure I could find more.

As far as Bruce blogs go as well as Blogness... you might also want to bookmark All Bruce Springsteen which does exactly what it says on the tin.

If you want to brush up on your french you could have a go at Le Blog... or if your german needs a bit of work you could join The Wish.  Quite a good header on this one featuring Springsteen-through-the- ages.

Finally I had resisted writing anything about Bruce's Dancing in the Dark efforts but there is such a lot circulating again at the moment I thought I'd put a couple of clips in.  I have to watch from behind the sofa!!







No comments:

Post a Comment