Sunday 7 August 2011

I'm Riding Down Kingsley

So last week I admitted there are some Bruce songs that I don't really like.  At least two of my Bruce buddies disagreed with my choices - both mentioned Kitty's Back.  Now I know this is a good song it's just that I can't get my ears around the syncopation if that's the right word.  Somebody who knows about music can perhaps tell me.

This week I've been thinking about my favourite tracks from the same albums.  This isn't so easy or in many ways so interesting.  Anyway here they are... I think.  There are others I was tempted to add but I've been ruthless.

Sandy
BTR
Thunder Road
Backstreets
Badlands
Racing
The Promised Land
Drive All Night
Atlantic City

So what would you add, and of course, take away?

Mind you, having said there are some songs I'm not keen on, I would quite happily listen to them all If the man was standing on a stage in front of me.  Just lately I find I'm really hankering for a tour - more than usual that is.  Perhaps it's because I've some money in my Bruce account that's burning a hole in my pocket!

There is some talk on Greasy Lake.  Now, I'm happy to clutch at straws and it's a great thought but don't you just hate it when somebody pops up out of nowhere to say they know something that you don't?  It's not the only thread suggesting a tour in the autumn, though, and we know Bruce can spring something on us last minute.

Had to chuckle at the comment by DetCaptain on this page. Didn't find my way to the beginning of the article but it's about Barack Obama's 50th birthday party.  How come some people hate Bruce so much?  It's such a random and vitriolic comment that once I'd got over the shock it just made me laugh!

The Guardian newspaper is a great supporter of Bruce and he gets a mention in a roundabout way in this article.  You need to go right down to the last paragraph.  Great to see artists are still dedicating stuff to Clarence  and here's Damon's version of Thunder Road.



There's many a time when I wish I lived in Asbury Park.  In a couple of weeks time 'Outside the Box' are going to play WIESS in it's entirety at The Stone Pony.  Would love to be there for that.

Not so sure about the triathlon although I wish I was fit enough to do something like this.  Here are the details of  the route. Lots of places we all recognise of course and I notice they cycle down Kinglsey at one point!

Talking of Asbury Park I was flicking through the TV channels last week and stopped on an episode of 'The Sopranos'.  We have some of the box set and I'm sure we've watched season 2 but I don't remember this.



And last of all this week still on the subject of AP Blogness on the Edge of Town is asking for your Springsteen Landmark stories.  Now I know some of you have them - ahhhh happy memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment