Sunday 3 June 2012

Songs From My iPod - Tracks 3 & 4


I listen to my iPod most days on my bus journey to and from work. 
 Always on shuffle - sometimes the whole library, sometimes just Bruce.
 This is a series of posts inspired by one (or in this case two) of the songs I have heard during the previous week.

My earlier posts tracks 1 & 2 are here and here


Those of you who read my blog regularly will know I'm not necessarily an advocate of the Bruce-was-better-in-the-seventies view.


This week two tracks popped up on the ipod from the early days.  Jungleland from 'Live At The Main Point, 1975' and For You from 'Hammersmith Odeon London '75'.  Both of these may have just persuaded me that Bruce, although different, was pretty good way back.


The Jungleland choice might be a bit controversial because Clarence's famous saxophone solo doesn't feature. Maybe this is an example of a song that improved with age. I really like this early version, though, and Suki Lahav plays a beautiful violin.



I played For You for Mike when I got home because I thought it was so good.  He said it wasn't as good as Paris. So we dug out our boot.  Mike is right. This was stunning.  It was one of those times when you almost hold your breath until it's over.



I'm sure you are familiar with the Hammersmith version but if not you can find it on YouTube.

So, a necessarily short Sunday blog today - well a girl's got to eat at some point!





No comments:

Post a Comment