Sunday 29 May 2011

How's That?

Well at this time eight years ago Mike and I were sat at the very back of Old Trafford Cricket ground watching Bruce.  It was only our fourth concert and he played Loose Ends. I talk about it in an earlier post  Can't find any good YouTube clips of the concert itself so here's this instead.





May seems to be a good month for Bruce gigs in the UK and Europe so here's hoping for May 2012.

Not much to report this week.  My earlier search turned up this question.  I am the lone Springsteen supporter here under my other name of Alison!  If you have a Yahoo account get logged in and post your answer.

I understand from a tweet yesterday that Bruce was at The Wonder Bar on Friday night and went for a walk alone on the boardwalk.  It's amazing what I find out when I'm just pottering about the net.

Came across this the other week.  Now you might regard these sorts of discussions as tittle tattle but I'm quite interested to find out what help Bruce might have had in the plastic surgery department.  I don't mind whether he has had work done or not.  If I had his money I would certainly be thinking about it.  I'm not sure whether I would be brave enough to go under the surgeon's knife though.  I read an article the other week which described how a hair transplant is done.  It sounds horrific.  If you are interested there's a description here

I don't have a lot of time today so I will end with this.  Those of you who visit Greasy Lake regularly will have already seen it.



Springsteen fan plays the Boss's hits too loudly


A HARLOW man's taste for American rocker Bruce Springsteen has cost him more than 
£1,000 after Council officers were called by neighbours disturbed by the Boss's hits being 
played at excessive volume.

Alan Howorth, aged 62, had already been served with an abatement notice for music noise 
last December at his home in Guilfords. However, just a month later, environmental health officers returned after further complaints from people living nearby.

Harlow Magistrates' court was told that officers heard Springsteen hits including Dancing in 
the Dark and Born in the USA being played at ear-splitting volume.

Mr Howorth was found guilty in his absence of breaching an abatement notice and fined £500 
with £588.42 costs and £15 victim surcharge.

Cllr Tony Hall, chairman of Harlow Council's Environment Policy Working Group, said:
"Fans are used to Bruce Springsteen's energetic and loud performances, but they prefer to see that spectacle in a stadium rather than a housing estate.

"Mr Howorth ignored earlier polite requests to turn the volume down, so I fear was born to 
run into trouble when he kept it up."

  • The case was heard on May 3




No comments:

Post a Comment