Sunday 1 May 2011

Stand Up!

Well guys and gals The Promise: The Making of Darkness On The Edge of Town documentary is out on Blu Ray and DVD tomorrow.  Yes that's the one we already have but of course it comes with the Carousel gig and a Q and A session as a bonus.  I suppose I'll just have to buy it although initially I said I wouldn't.

I don't think there is a lot happening this week but I could be wrong as I don't seem to have had my finger on the pulse the last few days.  I didn't even notice that Roy Orbison and friends was on BBC 4 Friday night.  Now I've seen this time and time again but I love it and no doubt I would have watched it once more.

A couple of my Bruce buddies have been watching the Hyde Park DVD over the last couple of weeks.  I think I've mentioned before that we rarely dig out our DVDs.  I'm more of a listener than a watcher when it comes to music.  Mind you we had a family get together today and we thought Hyde Park would be a good thing to have on the TV as a bit of background interest.  It didn't stay on long though.  As soon as Mark (my step-son) arrived he changed to the footie.  Well it was worth a try.

I popped The Promise disc 2 on this morning whilst I was preparing for our visitors. A bit of Bruce always helps me along when I have a lot to do.  I still love it.  Its A Shame is probably up there in my favourites list.  Changed to The Dropkick Murphys when nephew Chris arrived.  He has some of their early albums and was interested in hearing the latest.  Didn't really get to listen though as food and drink were higher priority.

Gave the DAB radio to the younger Nieces so they could choose what to listen to. They along with most of our other relatives are not Springsteen fans. I think they chose one of the rock stations and I had to chuckle to myself when Streets of Philadelphia came on.

So they've all gone home now and our struggle to convert them goes on.

I like the cartoons that are floating about now we are sure where president Obahma was born! Well he did say he wanted to be Bruce.











I was thinking about the inauguration parade on Friday when I was pondering why the Royal Wedding crowds brought a lump to my throat.  Many folks have said it makes them proud to be British but I got all emotional when Barrack and Michelle walked down Pennsylvania Avenue - made me wish I was American.

Talking about the wedding there was an elderly couple along the route on Friday who were interviewed by the BBC.  They were true Royalists and were disgusted that those around them didn't stand during the National Anthem.  They reminded me so much of myself  - I feel just the same ...  about Badlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment